Senior Manager I, Business Development
In addition to base salary, Walmart total compensation may also include bonus incentives, stock options, and more.
What you'll do...
Technical Sales Representative - Walmart Data Ventures
Walmart Data Ventures (WDV) is focused on productizing Walmart's rich data assets to better serve customers and provide data products that deliver actionable, customer-centric insights to help merchants and brands make better business decisions.
We are searching for a driven Technical Sales Representative to join our dynamic team. The Technical Sales Representative should have a clear understanding of the components of the Walmart Luminate products and the ability to demonstrate how they work. Your responsibilities will include understanding the needs of the customer, demonstrating products, and leveraging technical product knowledge to help clients.
To be a successful technical sales representative, you should be able to develop an excellent rapport with your existing customers, prospects, and internal organizational stakeholders. A top-notch technical sales representative should be knowledgeable about competing products and should have the ability to break down technical terminology to non-technical clients.
You'll be successful in this role if:
- You establish the technical needs of the customer and suggesting appropriate products.
- You explain complex technical information to customers in a way that is easily understandable.
- You follow up with customers and resolve any issues that may arise.
- You keep customers informed about new technological products.
- You compile proposals and reports related to technical products.
- You ensure that sales targets are consistently met.
- You report to management about sales made.
- You update records of customer communications and contact information.
You'll make an impact by:
- Understanding and making suggestions around new products and opportunities from outside of Walmart current capabilities to generate long term value
- Concurrently managing multiple relationships expeditiously and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Orchestrating collaborative work plans and product roadmaps with technology, data scientists, go to market resources within Walmart
- Providing insights and commercial support across product and account management teams
- Building and managing cross-functional relationships with key partners within Walmart that power the business forward.
- A bachelor's degree in IT, business, or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of sales or marketing experience.
- Retail Data Experience a plus.
- Technical knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of how the company products work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work closely with cross functional sales and product teams.
- Exceptional skills in selling products and closing deals.
- Knowledge of modern SaaS UI, API, and Data solution structure.
- Excellent presentation skills and a professional appearance.
- A valid driver's license and a willingness to travel when needed.
About Data Ventures:
Data Ventures exists to unlock the full value of Walmart's data by developing and productizing B2B data initiatives that empower merchants and suppliers to make better, faster decisions for the business. As part of this transformation, we're seeking entrepreneurial individuals to help drive data productization from concept to deployment.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $79,000.00-$169,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, or related field and 3 years' experience in business development, market development, product development, or relevant area OR 5 years' experience in business development, market development, product development, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Sales, Supervising Associates, Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Masters: Business Administration
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America