Senior Manager II, Product Management - Supply Chain- Fulfillment and Deployment
What you'll do...
This role will drive the strategic approach to modernize and digitize the experience for the Sam's Club Distribution Center Supply Chain by placing our product at the center of the growth strategy, while lowing retention and operational costs.
This role will start as an individual contributor (reporting to a Sr. Director) formulating strategies that solve for a dynamic and agile deployment of the Warehouse Management System (WMS) to all current and future planned DCs. As the strategy matures, this role will lead a team to drive execution and continuous improvement of the WMS systems related to processing, fulfilment, and shipping of freight while partnering with internal cross functional teams.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 6 years of experience in product management or a related field OR 8 years of experience in product management or a related field.
- You have 2 years of experience building and leading high performing teams and 4 years of experience leading cross-functional teams.
- You hold a Master's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- You have 10 years of experience leading product or solution development.
- You have 10 years of experience gathering, identifying, defining, and communicating requirements.
- You have 8 years of experience consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis.
- You have 4 years of experience building and leading high performing teams.
- You have a proven track record of successful product creation with measurable and significant business impact.
You'll make an impact by:
- Defining long-term vision and product strategy for multiple product families by collaborating to develop long-term corporate financial plans; developing and delivering on the financial plan for area of responsibility; capitalizing on domain expertise; leveraging internal and external best practices and standards to drive decision making; identifying and anticipating market opportunities based on an in-depth understanding of the market and competition; overseeing the execution of competitive assessments, driving innovation; approving business cases; prioritizing and allocating resources; and approving objectives and key performance indicators.
- Developing and enhancing multiple product families by identifying and adopting emerging technology; collaborating with senior leadership to ensure alignment between roadmap and business strategies; developing and managing roadmaps across product areas; navigating ambiguous business challenges; identifying high impact and return on investment opportunities; turning customer insights into actionable priorities and initiatives; drawing insight from benchmark studies and industry leaders to inform roadmaps and strategies; overseeing the development of user and business acceptance criteria and product roll out strategy; managing risks and dependencies; and prioritizing product backlog.
- Building and fostering collaborative relationships with key partners (for example, business leaders, User Experience, Engineering, Analytics) by driving priorities across business pillars and role modeling transparency; communicating product roadmaps and priorities; collaborating across product areas for roadmap prioritization; engaging with key partners to determine the best product and business strategies; and gaining buy-in from executive-level leadership.
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Developing and implementing strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivating an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Developing and leveraging internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
- The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About the Team:
The Sam's Product team has over 50 associates supporting the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and SaaS solutions that serve over 36k operation associates across 63 distribution centers. The Product team is part of the Innovation and Automation arm of Supply Chain delivering best in class experiences via applications and supporting the growth of automation with 3rd party vendors. The team influences savings for a ~100B business.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 265 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Similar jobs near me
- Manage the Move: The Path to a Career as a Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Manager
- Challenges of Becoming a Construction Manager Without a Degree
- The Event Management Industry: Growth and Job Outlook
- The A to Z Guide to Marketing Management: Everything You Need to Know to Succeed
- The Ultimate Guide to Project Manager’s Career